- Safety razor:
- Double edge
- Easy to switch blades
- Curved handle with ridges for good grip
- 5 blades safely packaged in paper inside a chewing gum type box (brand: Baili)
- Paper box: can be used for storing the razor
- For underarms and bikini especially; ensure the hairs that are not longer than half a centimetre.
- For legs: exfoliating can help smooth the skin and raise hairs off of the skin.
- Shave wet and warm.
- Relax, take your time.
- Apply any of our natural soaps, shaving cream / oil.
- Use a sharp blade to prevent razor burn
- Do not apply any pressure
- 30° angle between the blade and the skin
- Use only one or maximum two strokes per area
Tips for sensitive skin
- Shave downward following the direction of your hair
Drying your skin
- Pat your skin dry
Putting away the razor
- Rinse out the soap hairs: you will find this is a lot easier with this single-blade razor than with a disposable razor
- Shake to dry
- Wipe your blade in the opposite direction you would shave with it, along a dry towel
- Put away in a dry place
Here are some videos of people trying out safety razors:
- It feels weighty in your hand because it is free of plastic
- Let it glide on your skin, gravity does the rest
- A single blade helps with an irritation and ingrown-free shave
- Rinse and dry your razor after use
- Do not dry with paper towels; shake or dry with a towel that will not leave any fibres inside the razor
- Store in a dry space
- If needed, rinse with rubbing alcohol to prevent rusting. I our experience this is not needed for a long time, but after all, it is a razor for life
To switch blades:
- Screw the handle
- The razor comes apart into: handle, comb bottom, blade and comb top
- Lift off the old blade without touching the sharp edges
- Store old blades in a jar or metal blade safe and dispose at your local sharps bin
- Put in a new blade without touching the sharp edges
Always hold onto the flat bit of the blade with your fingertips and do not touch the edges.