- 7 grey make up remover pads bamboo velour
- 13 black make up remover pads with:
- one side bamboo fiber
- one side bamboo velour
- 1 mesh wash bag with zipper
- First hold under warm water, then apply make-up remover if needed
- Wash with your usual load
- The pads dry quickly in the air so there is no need to tumble dry
- Each pad consists of 2 layers, these may slide over one another, if this bothers you then you can use two hands
Some users have experienced that it comes out in the washing, others have some stains on the pads. For most people, this is not an issue, they just keep using the pads with slight stains. It is not very visible as the pads themselves are a dark colour.
If you want to prevent stains (this is a personal preference, you may or may not care):
After you have removed your make up, you can pour some makeup remover on the pads themselves. Then give the pads a quick wash by hand. Afterwards, wash them in the washing machine. Do not tumble dry.
Rosalien: “When using white washable pads, waterproof mascara does not come out even after several washes. It is smart to have a darker colour so the stains are not obvious.”
Tips from Robin: “Wet the pad, wring it out, then add the lotion or make up remover. For me, taking off waterproof mascara takes a little more time in comparison to a cotton pad (it is a little rougher for the eyes), but works fine. ??
Funny note from Ilona: I calculated that I use 1825 cotton pads per year. And then immediately ordered these.?
Tips from Tara who uses washable wipes in her beauty salon:
- Wash at 60 °C
- Now and then: wash at boiling temperature
- If you wash below 60 °C then add special dettol for washing
- It cuts down waste a lot and my customers are happy
- After a few years they will need to be replaced
- A hair dresser does not throw out towels either after using them once 😉
White will stain
If staining is an issue for you then we recommend choosing our darker colour pads.
With the hemp face rounds you can expect staining.
They are not stain proof and they are white, so stains will show clearly.
- The hemp face wipes have 3 layers
- The bamboo washable make-up remover wipes only have 2 layers.
- The hemp wipe layers are firmly attached
- The other wipe layers are only attached via the stitch around the edges so the layers may slide over one another a bit while you are using them
Wash bag, bamboo terry
This set of 20 wipes contains not only bamboo velour, but also 13 wipes which have one side made of bamboo terry. It is soft and exfoliating. This set also includes a mesh wash bag with zipper.
- Bamboo fiber: 70% bamboo, 30% cotton
- Bamboo velour: 60% bamboo, 20% cotton, 20% polyester
- Wash bag: polyester
- Packaged inside a cardboard box
- Diameter of the pads: 8 cm
- Pads consist of 2 layers sewn together at the outside edge: the layers may slide, if needed hold with 2 hands
- We chose the synthetic zipper mesh bag because in our opinion it is user friendly and long lasting